This diagram shows the full manual transmission setup (item# fat3). The frame is the same for brake only and brake and accelerator units (item# fat1 and fat2). For these units, please ignore the clutch pedal, accelerator pedal and related pulley blocks as necessary.
The Red dimension shown above represents the cable housing exit position.
- Cable housing are sometimes referred to as the outer cable.
- Cable housings need to be trimmed to the length needed for the particular application.
- Clutch and Brake cable diameter is 1/8 inch: Accelerator cable diameter is 1/16 inch. See Note 1 below.
- Cable Housing Diameter is 3/8 of an inch: Same diameter and type of housing is used for both the accelerator and brake parts of the kit.
- Clutch and Brake cable item numbers start with " fc ", followed by a dash and the length in inches: Accelerator cable item numbers start with " fca ", followed by the length in inches.
- Housing item numbers start with " fh ", followed by a dash and the length in inches.
- Standard Dual Control Kits come with a brake cable housing overall length of 48 1/2 inches (item# fh-48 ): Inner cable length is 67 1/2 inches (item# fc-67 ).
- Standard FAT3 Kits come with a clutch cable housing overall length of 48 1/2 inches (item# fh-48 ): Inner cable length is 67 1/2 inches (item# fc-67 ).
- Standard Dual Control Kits come with an accelerator housing overall length of 48 1/2 inches (item# fh-48 ): Inner cable length is 78 inches (item# fca78 ).
- Allow for 3/8 of an inch on each side for insertion into each pulley assembly.
- Dual Control kits with longer cables and housings are available if needed: See Buy Now pages for these housing lengths. (item #'s fal1,fal2, and fal3)
Note 1: The above mentioned cables are actually a metric product: 1/8 diameter cables are actually 3mm (.118 inches) , the 1/16 diameter accelerator cables are actually 2mm (.078 inches)